Submission Number: MBTL-EIS-0002028
Received: 11/14/2013 12:49:13 AM
Commenter: Byron Rot
Agency: Cowlitz County, the Washington Department of Ecology, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Initiative: Millennium Bulk-Terminals Longview EIS
Attachments: No Attachments
These are specific items I'd like to be examined in the EIS.
1. Eliminate coal dust, require each car be covered. BNSF estimates each train will emit 685 pounds of coal dust through it's 400 mile journey to Longview. It is the project proponents responsibility to eliminate coal dust or prove no harm from the dust.
2. Economic impact to highway traffic crossings from the extra trains. The analysis must consider the cost of delaying commerce, emergency vehicles, and just inconvenience to the quality of lives of every town with a rail crossing through the 400 mile journey.
3. Noise pollution. My parents live near a RR track which has Wyoming coal trains running 24/7. Train whistles all night long. What is the nuisance impact to communities?
4. Coal shippers should be required to offset their fuel usage via the proposed cap and trade system about to be set up.
5. Air quality to western washington. What is the impact on Olympic Peninsula and coastal Washington State air quality from the acid rain and other heavy metals arriving in the winds from Asian coal plants? Some accounting for this should be included in the EIS.