Submission Number: MBTL-EIS-0002025
Received: 11/13/2013 5:58:26 PM
Commenter: Nora Ferm
Agency: Cowlitz County, the Washington Department of Ecology, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Initiative: Millennium Bulk-Terminals Longview EIS
Attachments: No Attachments
When conducting the EIS for the proposed Millennium Bulk Terminal for export of coal near Longview, Washington, please carefully review the following issues:
- Increased greenhouse gas emissions contributing to global climate change.
- Use of eminent domain to condemn family farm and ranch land for the Tongue River Railroad.
- Effects on human health from coal train diesel fumes and coal dust.
- Blocked traffic and intersections making it harder for emergency vehicles to cross tracks and reach those in need in time.
- Threats to economic development and property values along the rail line.
- Increased pressure to open a new strip mine along the pristine agricultural valley, Otter Creek, ruining productive land and water.
Thank you for your consideration.