Submission Number: MBTL-EIS-0000658
Received: 10/9/2013 3:57:02 PM
Commenter: Lanell Wells
Agency: Cowlitz County, the Washington Department of Ecology, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Initiative: Millennium Bulk-Terminals Longview EIS
Attachments: No Attachments
Coal Export - Questions and/or Comments
October 9, 2013
* How many additional rail tracks will be added to accommodate these exceptionally long coal trains and who will incur the cost?
* What measures will be put in place to protect the Columbia River and the Pacific Ocean against coal dust and potential spills?
* What is going to be done regarding the noise pollution from these long coal trains?
* How is the beauty and integrity of the area going to be maintained for future generations?
* How many permanent jobs will be created and at what income level (actual dollar amount)?
* Why is coal going to be exported to India and China from the Powder River Basin in lieu of keeping it for our country's use?
Lanell Wells email@example.com